I cannot help but wonder about the timing of the announcement that Alan Turing is to feature on the new UK £50 note .
Nothing in the UK happens by chance , perhaps it signifies the rise of GCHQ in ‘intelligence’ circles , maybe something else .
Does it signify a technological milestone ?
In the UK the two are indistinguishable and can be thought of as a single organization .
The partner agencies are responsible for global mass data collection and analysis , a vital resource in the
war on terror development of machine learning and artificial intelligence .
The new note could also represent a celebration .
Perhaps they have a new child on the way .
- Was Alan Turing murdered?
- The Killing of Alan Turing
- How Alan Turing and His Test Became AI Legend
- Alan Turing
- John von Neumann
- Turing and von Neumann’s Brains and their Computers (PDF)
- The true fathers of computing
- What von Neumann knew of Turing
- AI history
Further reading :
- Deep-Learning AI Is Taking Over
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Google AI creates novel neural network NASNet
- Google AI created a ‘child’ more powerful than any human-made AI
- How researchers are teaching AI to learn like a child
- An AI that can code its own ‘Child AI’
- Beginner’s guide to Reinforcement Learning
- Deep Reinforcement Learning
Not related (I think) :