This is a tragic story , one that just will not go away .
Whichever way you look at this issue , the figures are extremely disturbing and are a sad indictment of modern society .
There is something seriously , seriously wrong .
The organization Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) recently planted 5,520 US flags at the National Mall in Washington , one for every US military member and veteran that has committed suicide in 2018 .
- More than 5,000 US soldiers and veterans committed suicide in 2018
- US military increasingly defenseless against formidable new enemy (no, it’s not Russia)
UK Military & Veterans
The picture in the UK is a little confusing .
This is because no official records are kept for suicide rates involving UK veterans .
Why is this ?
Not a massive job you would think , or maybe the M.O.D are simply not bothered as many of the suicide victims are from poorer backgrounds , or maybe the M.O.D think publishing these figures will hamper recruitment .
In 2009 the Guardian reported that the suicide rate for young military veterans was three times higher than the civilian suicide rate .
Stepping in where the government has failed , charity organization the Samaritans called for the M.O.D to collect UK forces veteran suicide statistics , this was in 2016 .
Fast forward to 2018 It would appear that government departments have still not acted .
Why is this ?
In fact the government still does not keep a comprehensive record of UK forces veteran suicides .
This year a few newspapers have reported that there are ‘glaring gaps’ in government veteran suicide rate statistics and that the government is turning a ‘blind eye’ ?
- Investigation reveals glaring gap in data on military veterans dying by suicide
- ‘Urgent Government review’ needed into way military veteran deaths are recorded
- The Government is today accused of “turning a blind eye” to concern that suicide rates among military veterans are spiralling.
- Rising concerns about suicide rates among military veterans
According the inews article at the top of the above list , the suicide rates for Canadian and Australian veterans are also above the civilian figures .
To quote from the article :
:: In America, where the death records of every veteran are collected by a dedicated Washington department, the suicide rate increased by 35 per cent between 2001 and 2016. A study by the Department for Veteran Affairs found that in 2015 the suicide rate was 2.1 times higher among US former military personnel compared with the civilian population.
:: In Australia, an official report in January this year found the suicide rate from 2002–2015 was 14 per cent higher among male veterans than all Australian men, after adjusting for age.
:: A Canadian government study based on records from 1976 to 2012 found that its veterans were at a “significantly higher risk of death by suicide” compared to civilians. The age-adjusted suicide rate for male veterans was 40 per cent higher compared to civilians and for female veterans the figure was 80 per cent.
:: There is no such equivalent information for the United Kingdom.
Apparently the issue has even been raised by Prince Harry .
Although according to the ‘Jimmy Saville Fan Club’ this is a non-issue .
Now I definitely know they are hiding something .
Further reading :
- Former US Navy Officer Walks Across America To Expose Covert Targeting And Neuro-Experimentation Program
- The Programme – Torture , Terrorism , Eugenics & Social Engineering
- Weaponized Dreams – CIA & Mi6
- US Embassy Attacks – Sure as Heck not Microwaves
- State Brainwashing , Learned Helplessness & University Suicides
- It’s a Brainwashing Programme !
- Project Soul Catcher – Targeted Individuals
- Many veterans report that they are gang stalked
- DHS Report ‘veterans and gun owners as likely terrorists’
- Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment (PDF)
- Veterans a Focus of FBI Extremist Probe