Cultocracy note :
Monsanto introduced the world to PCB’s . The chemicals are still wreaking havoc on the natural environment today . As the authors of the research paper suggest there are many , many more toxic chemicals currently in use which may have a similar effect to PCB’s . The UK’s last remaining pod of Killer Whales are doomed to extinction .
There is a carousel of interconnected chemical giants who form a large global cartel .
- Giant Generic Drug Scandal: Companies Accused of Price Fixing!
- Price-Fixing Investigations Sweep Chemical Industry
- Dow Chemical Hit with $1.1 Billion Fine
- Bayer Unit to Plead Guilty to Price-Fixing
- EU fines price-fixing citric acid cartel
- Tearing Down The Facade of ‘Vitamins Inc.’
Monsanto was recently absorbed by Bayer .
Long-banned toxin may wipe out many killer whales
By Elizabeth Pennisi – http://www.sciencemag.org
Even though it was banned decades ago, one of the more dangerous industrial pollutants of the last century is wreaking havoc on killer whale populations worldwide. That’s the conclusion of a new study, which finds that polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) may be slowly wiping out some groups of these iconic marine mammals. PCBs also threaten other animals as well, including seals and sharks.
Companies produced more than a million tons of PCBs before scientists linked them to cancer and immune system, reproductive, and endocrine related health problems in both people and animals. The major user and producer, the United States, banned their production in 1978, and a global ban finally went into effect in 2004.
But these pollutants don’t break down easily. They are still leaking into the environment from landfills, river-bottom sediments, and other places they were dumped. Consumed by microbes, they enter the food chain and eventually they build up in fat and blubber of animals, especially top predators such as killer whales, which prey on other predators such as seals or fish that themselves have stored PCBs.
Read the full article here at Sciencemag.org
Further reading :
- France Bans Pesticides – Well Maybe
- Giraffes , Birds , Bees & Agile Beams
- Study Links Triclosan to Colonic Inflammation , Cancer
- Giant Machine Cleans up Plastic From Oceans
- Electromagnetic Radiation Poses Threat to Wildlife
- Plastic Particles Found in Bottled Water & North West Rivers
- Survival of Northern White Rhino Hinges on Last Sick Male
- Toxic Food & Household Products
- Neonicotinoid pesticide ban backed by the UK
- Polymer Nano Fibres Found Globally in Drinking Water
- Decrease in Male Fertility , EM Radiation , Five Eyes
- UK Killer Whale Death, Infertility & PCB’s
- GM farming is creating superweeds and resistant bugs
- European Parliament votes to ban most uses of glyphosate
- Glyphosate in the EU: Product Promoters Masquerading as Regulators in a “cesspool of corruption”?
- Genetics Are the New Eugenics: How GMO’s Reduce the Human Population
- Europe Pesticide Ban , Bees & Magnetite Nano Particles