This particular nano machine is assembled from D.N.A and resembles a single wheel . The DNA wheel continually synthesizes RNA strands , a reaction which serves to power the wheel along an engineered DNA track . Possible uses include targeted drug delivery .
Othe research uses external magnetic fields to maneuver inorganic nano machines . These machines are so small they can actually penetrate a cell and maneuver inside the cell .
A few articles which highlight the possible negative health impact of nano particles .
The article below suggests that nano particles from tinned food can affect the functioning of the gut . The long term health effects are not yet known .
More research which links metallic nanoparticles with degenerative brain disease , such as Parkinsons and Alzheimers .
Two research scientists who discovered nano particle contamination of vaccines have had their home raided by Italian police . Very sinister .
- Scientists Raided After Discovering Dangerous Nanoparticle Contaminants in Common Vaccines
- Dirty Vaccines: New Study Reveals Prevalence of Contaminants
The global water supply is now contaminated after years of industrial pollution . Nano technology may offer a solution , although it could also worsen the issue .
With an ever decreasing supply of fresh water , scientists are trying to find new ways to desalinate salt water .
- Water purification breakthrough uses sunlight and ‘hydrogels’
- Scientists use carbon nanotube technology to develop robust water desalination membranes
Another technique involves using nano engineered membranes to harvest water from the air .
Research is underway which may allow targeted DNA engineering to replace many conventional implants such as hearing aids . All current implant technology may eventually be consigned to the dustbin of history and replaced with DNA based implants .
It goes without saying that a side product of this type of research could lead to human augmentation and a plethora of more nefarious and less humane applications .
Plants can improve indoor (and outdoor) air quality by actively filtering harmful substances . This article proposes a carefully controlled system which could eventually replace humidifiers and electrical air filtration systems by creating an indoor ‘green environment’ .
- Nano Technology News – March 2018
- Nano Technology News – February 2018
- Nano Technology News – January 2018
- Nano Technology News – December 2017
- Nano Technology News – November 2017
- Nano Technology News – October 2017
- Nano Technology News – September 2017
- Nano Technology News – August 2017
- Nano Technology News – July 2017
- Nano Technology News – June 2017
- Nano Technology News – May , 2017
- Nano Technology News – April 2017