Cultocracy note :
It appears that smart meters are not that smart after all .
Even the spooks are spooked .
If you have fallen for the spiel and have had a smart meter fitted , make sure you have some candles in the cupboard , also a fire extinguisher .
It should be note that in 2016 the spooks ‘intervened’ to save the smart meter system from a potential ‘mass hack’ .
Possibly the same group from the 5 Eyes crime syndicate that ‘intervened’ over at chip maker intel .
From the Daily Mail – March 2016
GCHQ steps in over fear £11bn smart meters being installed in millions of homes may be HACKED – leading to gas supplies being cut off
- Smart meters use a 12-year battery but there are concerns these could fail
- GCHQ fear hackers could turn off UK’s energy supply or ‘blow things up’
- Experts are concentrating on ensuring whole system cannot be shut down
- Research shows that meters make no difference to gas and electricity use
Read the full article here at the Daily Mail
From the Mail on Sunday – February 2018
We spy trouble: Even GCHQ is worried about smart meters say experts who fear a Trojan horse-style cyber attack
- Experts warn of dire consequences if hackers gain access to smart meters
- Fear that hackers could cut off energy supplies and break into other gadgets
- GCHQ, it is believed, has also raised concerns over the security of smart meters
- Security issues blamed for SMETS 2 smart meters being three years overdue
Read the full article here at the Mail on Sunday
- Smart Meters Are Laughably Insecure, Are a Real Danger to Smart Homes
- UK smart meters arrive in 2020. Hackers have ALREADY found a flaw
- DefCon 2012 – Power Smart Meter Hacking
- Hackers could turn your smart meter into a bomb and blow your family to smithereens
- Smart electricity meters can be dangerously insecure, warns expert
- Release of Smart Meter Security Controls Whitepaper at Hack in Paris 2014 June 27, 2014
- Electricity Grid Hacking & The Lilly Wave
Not all bad news though :