Cultocracy note :
The big question is , what exactly are the goals ?
Increases in defence spending follow a well worn path ; fabricated conflicts lead to global instability which leads to fear which leads to increased spending . A little like a Mafia protection racket .
There should be no doubt that the defence industry now serves as the ideal research vehicle which can service a wide variety of global agendas which have no relation to ‘defence’ at all .
In a classic case of doublethink the public are told that spending money on defence will increase peace .
Both WWII and it’s successor the ‘Cold War’ served as the ideal technological advancement platform .
Arms sales are big business , a vast chunk of expenditure is in the hands of peripheral defence contractors .
Defence research in a modern world is not about bombs and bullets , although you can sell these to other countries . It would be much cheaper to buy bows and arrows .
Accounting is opaque to say the least .
How much is siphoned off into the variety of nefarious black projects currently in progress will never be known .
The extent to which private companies and organizations gain financially from ‘military’ research and development will also never be known .
One thing we can state unequivocally is that the people always lose .
As is to be expected , the US has the largest defence budget .
The pie chart below shows that the US spends almost as much as the rest of the world combined .
- Trump to increase military budget above China, Russia
- Trump’s Proposed Increase in U.S. Defense Spending Would Be 80 Percent of Russia’s Entire Military Budget
- The Military Industrial Complex Strikes Again: War Spending Will Bankrupt America
- Here’s Where Your Tax Dollars for ‘Defense’ Are Really Going
- 5 Corporations Now Dominate Our Privatized Intelligence Industry
Under pressure from the US administration , European countries have followed suit . All have increased defence spending in recent years , or intend to increase spending .
- US Defense Secretary Mattis to press European allies on military spending
- Thank Putin, Not Trump, For NATO’s New Defense Spending Boost
- France to boost defence spending in ‘unprecedented’ move to meet Nato commitments
- Denmark to increase defence spending by 20%
- Norwegian Government proposes defence spending increase
- Poland About to Increase Its Defence Expenditure
- Spain set to increase military spending to €18 billion
Lets not forget the five eyes countries .
- Australia To Massively Increase Defence Spending
- Canada to increase military spending 70 percent in 10 years
- New Zealand government plans major increase in military spending
FrAlthough , despite laughable scare stories spread in the MSM there was a little hiccup from one partner in the coalition .
Possibly because all of the money has already been spent lining the pockets of defence contractors during the phoney ‘War on Terror’ .
Frenemies are also increasing defence spending .
- China announces plans to increase military spending by 7 per cent
- Russia to Increase Military Spending While Slashing Welfare Budget
Unfortunately nobody is really sure as to who ultimately controls the racket and what their real aims are .