The plasma ring was thought to be caused by the triboelectric effect which causes a discharge of free electrons .
A static field also formed around the jet .
The plasma ring also emitted radio frequency (RF) radiation together with ion-acoustic waves .
Read the full article and the research paper at the links below :
- Engineers Create Stable Plasma Ring in Open Air
- Toroidal plasmoid generation via extreme hydrodynamic shear
- Toroidal plasmoid generation via extreme hydrodynamic shear (PDF)
- About Static
- Plasma oscillation
- Ionacoustic waves and Langmuir waves (PDF)
- Ion acoustic wave generation by a standing electromagnetic field (PDF)
- Alfvén wave
Also related :
- On the Cascade Spectrum of Langmuir Waves in HAARP Heating Experiments
- Emission of RF radiation from laser-produced plasmas
- Femtosecond Lasers Create 3-D Midair Plasma Displays You Can Touch
- Sticky tape surprise