Recent studies in epigenetics have shown that physical & behavioral traits in living organisms , which are triggered primarily by environmental factors , can be passed down through successive generations . Environmental factors can include various types of pollution , the local environment or even psychological components . ‘Environmental factors’ basically means everything around you .
- Nematodes Push Epigenetics to the Limit, as Another “Zombie” Bites the Dust
- Scientists Observe Epigenetic Memories Being Passed Down For 14 Generations
- Game-changing Study: Epigenetic Memories are Passed Down 14 Successive Generations
Epigenetic inheritance theory was first put forward by British biologist, Conrad Waddington . Previously it was thought that DNA alone was responsible for evolution via a dual process of random mutation and natural selection .
Epigenetics can be thought of as a combination of the many underlying biological factors that actually control DNA , collectively known as the epigenome , which itself is affected by environmental factors .
As stated earlier it is now known that environmental factors , both physical and psychological , can affect the mechanisms that ultimately control your DNA and therefore control you .
As also stated earlier the epigenetic changes can be inherited by the offspring of an organism . The epigenetic effects are known to be inherited through several generations , the number of generations that inherit epigenetic traits is dependent on the type of organism . Epigenetic traits are thought to disappear altogether after several generations .
The jury is out as to whether the so called ‘soft inheritence’ of epigenetics can be hard coded into DNA , which is traditionally thought of as the generational ‘messenger’ . It is thought that epigenetic changes can ‘silence’ specific DNA strands which in turn can promote mutagenesis within the DNA .
It is thought that trauma endured by an individual can also be passed epigenetically to any offspring .
- Descendants of Holocaust Survivors Have Altered Stress Hormones
- Trauma May Be Woven Into DNA of Native Americans
It is well documented that childhood trauma involving physical , sexual or psychological abuse can affect an individual in later life , although the mechanisms involved were poorly understood .
- Abuse Casts a Long Shadow by Changing Children’s Genes
- Child abuse leaves epigenetic marks
- Childhood Trauma Leads to Brains Wired for Fear
It therefore follows that generalized trauma inflicted on a body of people can also be inherited by their offspring .
Fear and trauma is often deployed as a tool of mass manipulation and control .
- The basics of how they control people with fear
- Control and Fear: What Mass Killings and Domestic Violence Have in Common
Epigenetic factors have also controversially been linked to an individuals sexual orientation .
Epigenetic factors are also linked to a wide variety of health problems , often classed under the generalized term ‘environmental disease’ .
- Epigenetics and Environmental Diseases (PDF)
- Effect of environmental epigenetics on disease, evolution
- Epigenetics Shatters “The Central Dogma”
- Epigenetic Influences and Disease
- Epigenetics and cardiovascular disease
Epigenetic factors have also been linked to the alarming increase in infertility , particularly in males .
- Epigenetics and male reproduction: the consequences of paternal lifestyle on fertility, embryo development, and children lifetime health
- Epigenetics May Be The Underlying Cause For Male Infertility
- Epigenetics, spermatogenesis and male infertility
Epigenetics have also been the subject of a variety of space based experiments .
- Epigenetic change in Arabidopsis thaliana in response to spaceflight
- Epigenetic Research for Space Exploration
- Comprehensive Whole Genome Analysis of Differential Epigenetic Effects of Space Travel on Monozygotic Twins
- Spaceflight effects on the mouse retina: Histological, gene expression and epigenetic changes
Epigenetics has also been viewed in certain quarters as evidence of intelligent design (ID) as opposed to Darwinism .
Which gives rise to the notion that we actually exist inside a computer simulation .
- ARE YOU LIVING IN A COMPUTER SIMULATION?
- The Simulation Argument: Why the Probability that You Are Living in a Matrix is Quite High
- Are We Living in a Computer Simulation?
- Is Our Universe a Fake?
As is usual with the bulk of scientific research , there is always the prospect of massive profits .
Like most modern scientific disciplines epigenetics seeks to decode the building blocks of life itself , there is an increasing thirst to go smaller and smaller in research terms .
The problem is that once life itself is deconstructed , will the controllers then seek to reconstruct life as they see fit .
Perhaps they already are .
Which begs the question .