By now most people should be aware of the continuing danger to marine life by the plastic debris and other pollutants in the Earth’s Oceans .
- 13 Sperm Whales Found Dead with Stomachs Full of Plastic Trash
- Plastic Bags and Fishing Nets Found in Stomach of Dead Whale
- Footage shows dead fish’s inside filled with rubbish
- UK Killer Whale Death, Infertility & PCB’s
- The Ocean May Soon Contain More Plastic Than Fish
- Ocean Plastic & Sea Turtles
- Nearly Every Seabird on Earth Is Eating Plastic
A recent controlled scientific study has found that freshwater fish species are also affected by plastic , although this time it is plastic nano particles . The study was conducted by a team of Swedish university researchers and is related to a specific freshwater fish species , namely the Crucian Carp .We can safely assume that most , if not all , freshwater fish species are equally affected .
The main findings of the study :
- Algae absorbs the plastic nano particles .
- The algae is eaten by zooplankton .
- Fish are contaminated by eating the zooplankton .
- The nano particles pass natural barriers in the fish to reach the brain .
- Smaller particles had a more toxic effect .
- Neural functioning of the fish is affected .
- Specifically hunting and feeding behavior .
- Effectively creating contaminated ‘zombie fish’ .
You can read the full research paper at the link below :
- Brain damage and behavioural disorders in fish induced by plastic nanoparticles delivered through the food chain
Recent studies have also suggested that plastic nano particles , primarily nano fibres have contaminated drinking water across the globe :
Rampant consumerism fueled primarily by corporate greed , which is itself directly connected to government corruption , is poisoning the planet .
It is also poisoning you .