The highest rates of contamination were found in the U.S. with over 90% of drinking water affected .
European countries had the lowest rates of contamination , but this was still found to be very high at 72% .
The global rate of contamination is said to be around 83% .
The global study was conducted by orbmedia.org , which describes itself as ‘a team of experts in journalism and data science’ .
The findings suggest that the contamination is widespread , it is in your food and the atmosphere , even in your beer (sigh) .
Orbmedia contacted scientists who suggested that the contamination was due to too many people wearing fleece jackets and from washing their fleece jackets too often .
This could be true .
There could be another possible
conspiracy theory explanation .
A few notes on polymer nano fibre composites :
Polymer coated nano fibres and nano tubes can spread through biological tissue and penetrate the cellular membrane and also cross the blood brain barrier .
Polymer coated nano fibres and nano tubes are used extensively in sensing applications , including bio-sensing .
Polymer coated nano fibres and nano tubes can be used as a method of viral , D.N.A or chemical transference .
Polymer coated nano fibres or nano tubes can be embedded with quantum dots .
They will stay in your body forever .
- Nano Straws & Scarecrows
- Polymer and carbon nanotubes: A tag team of innovation
- Nano fiber feels forces, hears sounds made by cells
- Conducting polymer nanowires for chemiresistive and FET-based bio/chemical sensors
- Polymer nano-composites as dry sensor material for biosignal sensing (patent)
- Polymer-Based Micro/Nano Cantilever Electro-Mechanical Sensor Systems for Bio/Chemical Sensing Applications
- Effects of carbon nanotube and conducting polymer coated microelectrodes on single-unit recordings in vitro
- Polymer Nanofibers – an Overview of Applications and Current Research into Processing Techniques
Also related :
- Synthetic polymers in the marine environment: a rapidly increasing, long-term threat
- Plastics in the Ocean Affecting Human Health
- Adverse Health Effects of Plastics
- Plastic Bottles, Poison, and Endocrine Disruptors
- Endocrine Disruptors
- Can BPA, Found in Plastics and Cans, Harm Your Fertility?
- Chemical in Plastics May Cause Fertility Problems
Further reading :