An article in The Scientist titled ‘The Sleeping Brain Can Learn’ suggests that during the R.E.M (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep phase the brain can ‘learn’ a stimulus .
When a test subject was presented with a series of acoustic patters during a variety of sleep phases it was found that patterns presented during REM sleep where remembered the following day on waking . The acoustic patterns introduced to the subject during non-REM (NREM) sleep were not clearly remembered .
- REM sleep usually occurs around two hours after nodding off and the REM cycle lasts around 1-2 hours .
- REM sleep is characterized by dreaming .
- EEG patterns from REM sleep show a similarity to waking brain patterns .
- Neural activity during REM sleep is controlled by specific regions of the brain stem .
- The rapid eye movement is thought to be related to increased activity in the visual cortex during dreaming .
- Sexual arousal is common during REM sleep .
- If woken up during a REM sleep cycle a person can feel ‘wide awake’ and it can take several hours to get back to sleep .
- REM sleep makes up around 25% of the adult sleeping pattern .
- REM sleep makes up around 80% of the sleeping pattern in children , it is thought to be extremely important for cognitive development .
This research is not new , military research into sleep cycles and hypnotic suggestion go back decades .
A 2012 research paper showed that a human subject could learn to associate a specific odour to a specific tone while sleeping . The research centered on the human ‘sniff response’ , a person has a stronger ‘sniff’ when presented with a pleasant odour and a weaker ‘sniff’ when presented with an unpleasant odour .
In this experiment certain odours were paired with specific tones and repeatedly presented to a sleeping subject . It was found that when the tone representing a pleasant odour was played to the sleeping subject (without the odour) it invoked the related ‘pleasant sniff response’ . The findings were replicated with a tone representing a foul odour which invoked a weaker ‘sniff response’ .
It was also found that the same ‘sniff response’ could be invoked by a related tone when the subject was awake and conscious . The subject had no conscious memory of the learning process which happened whilst sleeping .
Other research papers have shown that the ‘sleep learning’ process can be enhanced by the application of an external magnetic field .
This type of research clearly shows that hypnotic suggestion could be introduced to a sleeping subject which could be actioned by the subject when presented with the paired trigger mechanism .
Subliminal stimulation whilst sleeping could be introduced remotely to a subject using the microwave hearing effect or induced synthetic EEG waveforms .
Using these techniques a person could be turned into a virtual remote control robot . So called ‘Gang Stalking’ follows this general process , the ultimate societal control system based entirely on divide and control methodology .
Example 1 :
Joe Bloggs is regarded as a nuisance and a trouble maker to the powers that be because he is an independent thinker , Joe has an aquaintance called Fred Smith also regarded as expendable , they meet occasionally at work .
Whilst asleep Fred is bombarded with subliminal ‘speech entrained’ electromagnetic waves which stimulate the hearing center of his brain .
Fred is ‘told’ – “start a fight with Joe , he hates you , he his having an affair with your wife” .
On waking Joe goes to work as normal , unknowingly he now has a ‘synthetic memory’ regarding Fred , he passes Fred and has an uncontrollable ‘urge’ to confront Fred .
A fight ensues , both Fred & Joe get fired .
Scale up Scale down
A similar methodology could be applied to a whole geographic region .
The powers that be want to break away from a trading bloc . Using high powered transmitters , subliminal speech entrained synthetic EEG signals are broadcast over a wide area whilst the country is asleep .
The next day , which just happens to be voting day , many people find that they have uncontrollable ‘urge’ to vote to exit the trading bloc . They also believe they have have supported the exit stance for a long time .
Sleep deprivation can also increase the suggestibility of an individual and make them more open to various form of conditioning via the media . Propaganda works on many levels , subtle or even more overt subliminal programming works , this is why manufacturers have massive advertising budgets .
An increase in abnormal sleeping patterns has been reported across the globe , Western countries seem particularly prone to this modern malady :
- Two-thirds of Britons have sleep problems
- Insomnia: Britons’ health ‘at risk’ as 50% fail to get enough sleep
- Insomnia on the Rise in the UK
- Can’t Sleep? Neither Can 60 Million Other Americans
- Sleep disorders affect 40 percent of Canadians
Children are not immune , it must be work related stress :
Other groups seem to be acutely afflicted :
- Prevalence of diagnosed sleep disorders has risen among US veterans
- Active duty military personnel prone to sleep disorders and short sleep duration
- Army doctor discovers new sleep disorder
An interesting trend in the mainstream media is to debunk the idea of abnormal sleeping patterns being abnormal , in fact according to several suspiciously timed articles , abnormal sleeping is the new normal .
We have been waking up in the middle of the night for millennia apparently , not only that but sleep deprivation is now very trendy and good for you .
It even has a trendy new name – “biphasic sleeping” , apparently all ‘successful’ people do it .
I personally love biphasic sleeping , at least now that I know what it is .
- The myth of the eight-hour sleep
- Waking up in the middle of the night is NORMAL
- Lying awake at 3am? Perhaps you should try biphasic sleeping
Are you sure that all of your thoughts and actions are entirely a result of your own individual consciousness ?
Are you 100% certain ?
- Brain Basics: Understanding Sleep
- Learn While You Sleep
- The Sleeping Brain Can Learn
- Human Brain Still Awake, Even During Deep Sleep
- Human brain can form new memories during sleep, researchers say
- 5 Types Of Brain Waves Frequencies: Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta
Also related :
- Pulsed Electromanetic Field Affects Human Sleep
- Potential health effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF) (PDF)
- Pulsed radio-frequency electromagnetic fields: dose-dependent effects on sleep, the sleep EEG and cognitive performance
- Brain Stimulation During Sleep
- Transcranial Electrical Currents to Probe EEG Brain Rhythms
Dreams & Electromagnetic Stimulation :
- Electrical brain stimulation may induce dream control
- Dreaming also occurs during non rapid eye movement sleep
- Lucid dreaming can be induced by electric scalp stimulation
- Researchers Induce Lucid Dreaming with Electrical Brain Stimulation
Dreams & Memory :
- Controlling Memory By Triggering Specific Brain Waves During Sleep
- Controlling memory by triggering specific brain waves during sleep
- IBS scientists control memory by modulating synchronized Brain Waves
- Controlling Memory By Triggering Specific Brain Waves During Non REM Sleep
- Does a lack of REM sleep ‘erase’ memories?
- Controlling Memory By Triggering Specific Brain Waves During Sleep
Negative Health Impacts :
- Dreams and Brain Disease: REM Sleep Cells
- REM Sleep Cells Linked To Brain Disorders
- Poor sleep linked to toxic buildup of Alzheimer’s protein
- REM sleep disrupted in children with autism
- REM sleep critical for young brains
- Sleep in early life may play crucial role in brain development
Not related (I think) :