Ole-Luk-Oie, the Dream-God – Hans Christian Andersen (1842)
“Under each arm he carries an umbrella; one of them, with pictures on the inside, he spreads over the good children, and then they dream the most beautiful stories the whole night.
But the other umbrella has no pictures, and this he holds over the naughty children so that they sleep heavily, and wake in the morning without having dreamed at all.”
- What Is Conformity? How Does It Influence Behavior?
- Is Conformity to Group Norms a Good or Bad Thing?
- Conformity, a Good or a Bad Thing?
- Conformity: Bad Thing?
- System justification
Also Related :
Further related :
- Transhumanism, Genesis, and Kurzweil’s Singularity
- The Singularity & Human Destiny
- Living cells bind silicon and carbon for the first time
- Bringing silicon to life: Scientists persuade nature to make silicon-carbon bonds
- Directed evolution of cytochrome c for carbon–silicon bond formation: Bringing silicon to life
- Scientists have evolved a remarkable new form of life that can bond silicon to carbon
- Living organisms coaxed to make ‘alien’ silicon bond
- Self-assembling silica microwires may herald new generation of integrated optical devices